1/12/11

Unnamed comic strip artwork

These were done for a yet-to-be-pitched comic strip whose author was looking for an illustrator, came across me on a freelance site and asked me to do interpretations of some scripts. It was a one-panel, very Larsonesque type of gig, and it is indeed Gary Larson's style that influenced me the most here (not that he hasn't before). These were my top five favorites, both in terms of finished artwork and jokes.
Unfortunately, I was eventually culled from the list of candidates due to religious restrictions on what I can draw (no crosses, for instance). Such is life.

Drawn using:
No. 2 pencil (sketch)
Black 0.4 mm pilot pen
Black 0.5 mm pilot pen
Adobe Illustrator CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Serif PhotoPlus 6.0
Serif PhotoPlus SE

No comments:

Post a Comment