4/20/12

My cousin's bar mitzvah table-cards

So, for my cousin Reuven's bar mitzvah, my aunt decided that she would like to have drawings of Reuven at the tables instead of numbers, and tapped me for the job (having seen my previous such efforts on behalf of my brother). Naturally I obliged, and a collection of the results can be seen above, covering everything about him from hobbies and pastimes to character aspects to personal milestones. And a pastiche of Earthworm Jim on the bottom right (with Planet Me hovering in background), because one of his nicknames--and my favorite--is "Groovy Reuvie". (A different one referencing Evil Dead II was sadly nixed.)

Drawn using:
No. 2 pencil (sketch)
Black 0.4 mm pilot pen
Black 0.5 mm pilot pen
Black 0.7 mm pilot pen
Black marker

No comments:

Post a Comment